Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Simone Maletta <si...@alice.it> on 2008/04/25 13:04:07 UTC

return null values

Hi guys,
    I'm using ServiceMix 3.1.2 and its jsr181 to deploy my own ws-annotated pojo.
I need to return null values in my code, I'm using an example to be clear:
here is my return type object:
class returnType
{
        String h;
        Integer i;
}

and this is my code:
    p=new returnType();
    p.h="goofy";
    p.i=null;
and here is the generated response message:
<returnType>
        <h>goofy</h>
<returnType>

while I need

<returnType>
        <h>goofy</h>
        <i/>
<returnType>

there is a way to achive this??
I forget returnType is annotated too.

Thank you all,
regards
Simone
<returnType>

Re: return null values

Posted by Simone Maletta <si...@alice.it>.
Hi Guillaume,
    i is an Integer, not a String than I can't set
p.i="";
because I'll have a compiling a exception.
Any other?

Posted by Simone Maletta <si...@alice.it>.
Hi Guillaume,
    I solved, I annoted each element of the return tye in thsis way:
@XMLELement(nillable=true)

thank you
regards
Simone