Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Sam Li <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/14 07:10:16 UTC

how to train sentence detector without losing previous data?

It seems using the training tool for the Sentence Detector will only rewrite a given model.
How does one train and append to a previously created model?

-Sam

Re: how to train sentence detector without losing previous data?

Posted by Yuan Luo <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jörn,
Are all the original training corpora MUC? And would you mind
providing a list of which MUC corpora you used or all of them? I am
thinking of getting them from MUC if you guys didn't make customized
changes to those corpora.

Best,
Yuan

Posted by Sam Li <sa...@gmail.com>.
I see. Would love to see a feature that allows additive training that doesn't require having the original corpus. That way in the future if there are new special cases that users want to add to the model, it would be easier. What do you think?

Is there something like this type of feature in the works?

-Sam

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sam Li <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.