Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/19 17:13:39 UTC

[UX] Review of MS Office 2013 UI

It appears that MS Office 2013 is starting to be reviewed. Check out the
C|NET review and supporting screen shots:

http://reviews.cnet.com/office-suites/the-new-microsoft-office/4505-3524_7-35374636.html

Regards,
Kevin

Re: [UX] Review of MS Office 2013 UI

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Xin,
  Thanks very much for your sharing!
  During the discussion for AOO future release, most of us a agreed that
the modern UI should be the content in 4.0, together with the UX
improvements from Symphony code. And in a short term, many users even want
to get continuous support with little change on the current UI. But it
doesn't mean that we can not start early for the investigation at the
sametime we do fidelity improvement for next release like 3.5. Maybe we can
create a branch and do some technical pilot which can be demo by end of
this year or early next year, depends on how many volunteers we get.
Personally I desire very much to see a 4.0 with modern UI as early as
possible.

- Shenfeng

Posted by Xin Li <lx...@gmail.com>.

--