Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Jeff Jiao <je...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/23 07:21:57 UTC

need suggestions for Ignite cluster isolation

Hi Ignite Community,

We implemented a generic Ignite cache component in our group, the purpose is
that we want everyone in our group can integrate Ignite caches in their
applications by simply adding some configurations.

But we find that Ignite cluster isolation mechanism is not very friendly
here... based on my knowledge of Ignite, people must specify the port to
isolate clusters. we have a lot of services that contains cache components,
if we switch to use Ignite, it will be very difficult to manage the ports
and we cannot guarantee that there is no port conflicts.

Do you have any suggestions for this?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Re: need suggestions for Ignite cluster isolation

Posted by "slava.koptilin" <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jeff,

If you want to isolate clusters that are deployed on the same set of
machines then you have to use non-intersecting port ranges for
TcpCommunication and TcpDiscovery [1].
Another thing, that can be used here, is a logical grouping of cluster
nodes. Please see the following page [2].

[1]
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config#isolated-ignite-clusters-on-same-set-of-machines
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-groups

Thanks!