Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Raf <ra...@joshua.dreamthought.com> on 2002/12/18 12:52:29 UTC

Re: [OT] mod_proxy, mod_perl, php - RESEND

Still half asleep.  Stupid typos have been un-typofied:

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Raf wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Scott Alexander wrote:
>
> > The html documents are on the mod_perl machine. What happens if users add
> > php code to their html documents?
> >
> > If I add php support on the front_end will it work normally?

 * Have you thought of setting a separate document root for php (if they
 are .html templates from one document root)?

 * Have you considered placing it on the proxied machine and getting your
 mod_perl handler to decline if it finds PHP tags (if they are all .html
 from one document root)?

 * If you :
 	* proxy *.html on the proxy server or whatever distinguishes
	your mod_perl content.
 	* catch all <Files *.php> on your proxy server

   that might do the trick.

> > topic. I don't know what mailing list to ask this on. I'm doing distance
> > work and living 150 km above the Arctic Circle ....

 Cool.  Very Cool.  Or even extremely cold. ;)

 I'm curious.  What are you working on?

 Rafiq