Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nadir Mahmoud <nm...@xtria.com> on 2006/03/03 22:31:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Maximum number of users

Hi all,

Can I control the maximum number of users (clients) who connect to my
web server by using apache directives?

Please help,

Nadir

NOTICE
 This is a confidential communication from Xtria LLC, intended only for the recipient(s) named above. If you have received this message or any part thereof in error, or are not the intended recipient, do not read any portion of the message or any attachment(s).  If this message was received in error, please notify us of the error by sending a "reply to sender" message that simply says "RECEIVED IN ERROR," or by sending a similar email to postmaster@xtria.com; and delete this email without retaining any copy.
Thank you.

Re: [users@httpd] Maximum number of users

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 3/3/06, Nadir Mahmoud <nm...@xtria.com> wrote:
> Can I control the maximum number of users (clients) who connect to my web
> server by using apache directives?

You control the maximum number of client connections using the
MaxClients directive.  But remember that one browser often makes
multiple simultaneous connections and, alternatively, several users
may communicate over one connection using a proxy.  So there is no
direct map between users and connections.

If you told us exactly what you are trying to accomplish, we might be
able to help more.

Joshua.