Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by rohit kamath <ro...@hotmail.com> on 2001/06/06 20:55:56 UTC

jdk1.3.0_02 tomcat 3.2.1 jdbc problem

when I run tomcat as a nt service, I have problems connecting to the
database.  It gives me "jdbc not found" error.  But if I stop the service
and run it as an application it has no problems connecting to the database.

can anyone help.

Rohit

Re: jdk1.3.0_02 tomcat 3.2.1 jdbc problem

Posted by Gary Dale <ga...@mail1.moh.gov.on.ca>.
Could be one of two problems. When you run it as a service, it probably
is running as "system" but when you run it as an app, it runs with your
user id. Check the privieleges!

Or it could be the jdk1.3 problem. It won't run as a service - shuts
down when you log off! I'm not sure it is fixed in jdk 1.3.2 but I'm
using 1.2.x which doesn't have this problem.