Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/10/14 11:05:40 UTC

RE: [PROPOSAL]apache xml stylebook output (HTMLPrinter and Xalan2Processor) encoding configurability

IAS,

That's great news! I'll add the link the Cactus web site. I'll also try
to commit or get your stylebook patch committed (I'm not a committer on
xml-stylebook ATM). Who can help here?

Thanks,
-Vincent

XML

Posted by IAS <ca...@iasandcb.pe.kr>.

Jakarta-Seoul
> > project. The lead of Jakarta-Seoul Project will have emailed to
> > general@apache.org by tomorrow to officially ask to add a link to
> > jakarta.apache-korea.org on jakarta.apache.org. I believe soon the
> link
> > will appear on the site. (The vice versa already exists though. :-)
>
> cool. I've also emailed on the stylebook committer to try to get your
> patch applied.
>
> [snip]
>

> > > FYI, there is also a todo item on Cactus list which is to move
from
> > > Stylebook to DVSL/Anakia.
> > >
> > I checked out http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/todo.html and
> cactus-dev
> > mailing list only to find no further information as the above
sentence
> > referred to. Anyways, if there's need for help with the job, I'd
like
> > volunteer contributing to it. Actually I'm now using Velocity-Anakia
> for
> > documenting jakarta-site2 for Korean, and from the experience I also
> > feel the performance and potential of Anakia in terms of XSLT
> > capability.
>
> Oops. I'm sure I had put it in the past but you're right it has
vanished
> ! :-) Oh, I think I removed it and put inside the "move to maven"
item.
> However, the move to Maven will in any case require that we transform
> our xdocs.
>
> IAS, I would love it if you could help us on that. I'll add the item
> again and put your name as volunteer.

I'm grateful for allowing me a chance to walk through "cactus". (Perhaps
pretty stingy. :-)
> Here's what I propose: you send patches to the cactus ML for modifying
> the build process to use Velocity-Anakia for doc generation. We will
> also need to transform our xdocs xml files as the DTD is not exactly
the
> same. After you start and show me some transformed xml docs, I will
help
> you (as there are quite a few docs to modify) and we'll finish it
> together.
>
> I propose that whenever you have something ready, you send it to the
ML
> and I'll commit it in Cactus in another branch and once we've finished
> the full migration, we'll merge it to the main branch, replacing the
> current stylebook.
Basically I agree on your proposal.

> How's that?
Okay, first I'll do a quick try for migrating stylebook to Anakia, get
some feeling and result from that, and report them to the cactus ML as
soon as possible.

> Thanks a lot
> -Vincent

The pleasure would be mine.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.

Posted by IAS <ca...@iasandcb.pe.kr>.

referred to. Anyways, if there's need for help with the job, I'd like to

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi IAS,

Posted by IAS <ca...@iasandcb.pe.kr>.