Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Subash DSouza <su...@outlook.com> on 2014/06/03 06:28:30 UTC

HBase meetup at Hadoop Summit

If you are attending Hadoop Summit, Please drop by to check us out. It's
this Thursday at 3:30 PM at the San Jose Convention Center, Room 230C

http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-Summit-Community-San-Jose/events/179081342/

We have a great selection of talks

3:35-3:55:  Jonathan Hsieh & Ryan Blue

Title: Common encoding scheme for HBase

Abstract: This talk will outline the recently proposed common encoding
specification for higher-level data types in HBase. We will cover the
current consensus and have a discussion about the outstanding issues.

3:55-4:15: Konstantin Boudnik

Title: Consensus based replication in Hbase and other distributed systems

Abstract: Current State of Development for Consensus Based Replication Work
HBase (HBASE-10909 & HBASE-11241), technical challenges, progress and the
next steps. The talk will be also covering the work on ZK-based common
implementation of coordination engine: a parallel effort happening in Hadoop

4:15-4:35: Jimmy Xiang

Title: Meta Co-Locate with Master

Abstract: Jimmy will talk about the background, the changes of the patch
(HBASE-10569), and its impact to deployment         and upgrade. He will
also talk a little about the progress of HBASE-11059: region assignment
without ZooKeeper.

4:35-4:55: Nick Dimiduk

Title: BlockCache 101

Abstract: This session examines the BlockCache. You'll learn what the
BlockCache does and its role in the HBase read path. We'll look at the
important metrics and when and why to consider a non-default configuration.

If you can't make it, we will also be streaming the event live

http://ustre.am/1bzef

Thanks

Subash & Nick