Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by dave- <da...@pacbell.net> on 2004/03/07 02:30:19 UTC

[users@httpd] unable to proxy a virtual host

ProxyPass works within a Location container but not a VirtualHost container. (I am using apache_2.0.48-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi.)

I want everything from the virtual host proxied.  Could someone please provide me sample code to do this.  My attempts have not worked.   TIA.

Re: [users@httpd] unable to proxy a virtual host

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, dave- wrote:

> ProxyPass works within a Location container but not a VirtualHost
> container. (I am using apache_2.0.48-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi.)
>
> I want everything from the virtual host proxied.  Could someone please
> provide me sample code to do this.  My attempts have not worked.  TIA.

ProxyPass in its two-argument form certainly does work in a <VirtualHost>.
For example:

<VirtualHost ...>
ProxyPass / http://internal.host/
ProxyPassReverse / http://internal.host/