Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "STRAYER, JON (SBCSI)" <js...@sbc.com> on 2004/07/16 00:23:03 UTC

Release plugin

Am I correct in thinking that the Maven team doesn't use the release plugin
to build the distributions?

I finally figured out how to get release:build-distribution-bin to include
the dependency jars, but I can't figure out how to get it to include the
project jar.

Re: Release plugin

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:13:57 -0400, Paul Spencer
<pa...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Brett,
> 1) Has the release plugin been replaced by another plugin(s) or a
> "suggested release procedure"?

No, the release plugin was never really finished AFAIK. We have a
release procedure for plugins at
http://maven.apache.org/reference/developers/releasing-plugins.html

> 2) Please document plugin deprecation.  A good place to do this is on
> the plugin's home page, i.e.
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/release/.

Will do.

Re: Release plugin

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.
Dion,
I found the report, "Project Reports" -> Releases.
   http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/multichanges-report.html
With the exception deprecation information, the report resolves #3.
This is a nice report!

Questions 1 and 2 are still unanswered.  Should I open an issued in JIRA?

Paul Spencer

Re: Release plugin

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release plugin