Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2012/08/03 09:34:00 UTC

[RELEASE][3.4.1]: propose new snapshot build based on revision 1368799

Hi,

to complete our changes regarding the external dependencies we have to
rebuilt one more time.

I propose a rebuilt based on revision 1368799

The reason is quite simple, I have reviewed the change we made and have
overseen a missing Url for Python. It's a pro-active change towards
graduation and to remove all external deps from our svn repo. But to
make our src release buildable when we have potentially moved the repo
in case of graduation or when we finally remove the externals on trunk
we need alternative Urls to ooo-extras for all externals.

Maybe I wanted too much too fast and because this changes are rather
trivial I was not careful enough. When I checked it the files were not
yet uploaded to ooo-extras completely and I still downloaded some
externals from svn as last fallback. But I knew the reason for that and
moved forward. Many combinations are possible and valid. Ariel did a
further test and recognized the missing Url, thanks again.

It's no technical change that will affect the office in any case, it's
only for the source release and the build process under certain
circumstances.

Yesterday we spent a lot of time with analyzing the icon problem without
real result or solution in our code. Not really satisfying from our site
but it seems to be a known problem.

Sorry for that, I did not the best job this time as release manager but
learned again some things that will be done better in the future.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: propose new snapshot build based on revision 1368799

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 03.08.2012 09:34, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to complete our changes regarding the external dependencies we have to
> rebuilt one more time.
>
> I propose a rebuilt based on revision 1368799
>
> The reason is quite simple, I have reviewed the change we made and have
> overseen a missing Url for Python. It's a pro-active change towards
> graduation and to remove all external deps from our svn repo. But to
> make our src release buildable when we have potentially moved the repo
> in case of graduation or when we finally remove the externals on trunk
> we need alternative Urls to ooo-extras for all externals.
>
> Maybe I wanted too much too fast and because this changes are rather
> trivial I was not careful enough. When I checked it the files were not
> yet uploaded to ooo-extras completely and I still downloaded some
> externals from svn as last fallback. But I knew the reason for that and
> moved forward. Many combinations are possible and valid. Ariel did a
> further test and recognized the missing Url, thanks again.

The missing URL is my fault not Jürgen's.
Thanks Ariel for finding this.

-Andre