Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Stephan.Boldt" <St...@ePost.de> on 2003/12/14 22:01:18 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2 segmentation fault when using SSLVerifyClient

Hi,

I run an https intranet-Site using Apache2 with mod_ssl. The "pure", server
certified https-tunnel works fine, but when I require a client certificate
by setting SSLVerifyClient to "required", a segmentation fault occurs:
child pid 6364 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
I am running SuSE Linux 8.2 with apache2-2.0.48-14 and openssl-0.9.6i-19. I
created my own CA which certified the certificates for both server and
client. Root and client-certificate are installed on a WinXP Pro Machine
with the latest patches. Because I read somewhere, that the SSLSessionCache
could be a problem, I set it to "none", but it didn't help... :-(

I would be very thankful for any advises, what could be the problem....

With regards,
Stephan Boldt