Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Newham, Cameron" <ca...@bl.uk> on 2009/07/14 11:26:14 UTC

t5: moving to 5.1.0.4 and can't find @Inject

I think I'm going mad...

I'm moving from 5.0.18 to 5.1.0.4 and after doing a dependency update
with Maven, Eclipse gives me errors saying it can't find

org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.annotations.Inject

Looking in tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.4.jar it isn't there, but looking in the
5.0.18 jar I can't see it there either - so which jar does it normally
live in?

Maven seems to have correctly downloaded all the 5.1.0.4 jars and I
don't have any old Tapestry jars on the build path.

RE: t5: moving to 5.1.0.5 and can't find @Inject

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at>.
if you add the tapestry-hibernate dependency to you pom.xml
maven will resolve the transitive dependencies automatically.

could it be, that you are working in offline mode? thats the only
thing i could imagine why you don't get the dependencies. or
maybe a proxy?...

as mentioned before, open your pom.xml file with the "Maven
POM Editor" and open tab "Dependency Hierarchy" and you'll
see every dependency that is resolved by maven. (i assume
your are using eclipse and the latest m2-eclipse plugin)

g,
kris

"Newham, Cameron" <ca...@bl.uk>
16.07.2009 14:42
Bitte antworten an
"Tapestry users" <us...@tapestry.apache.org>

An
"Tapestry users" <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
RE: t5: moving to 5.1.0.5 and can't find @Inject

Thanks Kris, it would be nice if it did!

I already have tapestry-hibernate-5.1.0.5.  No tapestry-hibernate-core
though.

Maven is such a heap of ***

Again, it would be nice if the classes and their whereabouts were
actually documented. It seems to be such a lapse not to do so - not to
mention a lot of pain having to ask on here!

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

The British Library's new interactive Annual Report and Accounts 2007/08
:
www.bl.uk/knowledge

Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book.
www.bl.uk/adoptabook

*

legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are

not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the
postmaster@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or
copied without the sender's consent.

author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British Library. The
British Library does not take any responsibility for the views of the
author.

RE: t5: moving to 5.1.0.5 and can't find @Inject

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

**

Posted by Sven Homburg <ho...@googlemail.com>.
try a better mvn plugin, or even better try a better IDE.

i just kidding, so dont flame me ;-)

with regards
Sven Homburg
Founder of the Chenille Kit Project
http://www.chenillekit.org

Posted by Sergey Didenko <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the link!

I used findjar.com to resolve dependencies manually.

Posted by "Newham, Cameron" <ca...@bl.uk>.
Brilliant.

Thanks Joakim!

I would recommend you (and anyone else looking for classes) to take a
look at http://www.jarvana.com

http://www.jarvana.com/jarvana/search?search_type=class&java_class=Commi
tAfter

Regards,
Joakim

Posted by Joakim Olsson <ar...@lingonpaj.com>.
Hi,

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

The British Library's new interactive Annual Report and Accounts 2007/08 : www.bl.uk/knowledge

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmaster@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.

Re: t5: moving to 5.1.0.4 and can't find @Inject

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Newham, Cameron" <ca...@bl.uk>.
Thanks Otho, but I'm still having no luck.

Ok, I haven't been keeping up with events and didn't know 5 was the
latest, so now I have 5.1.0.5, but...

If I don't include:

<dependency>
		<groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
		<artifactId>tapestry-ioc</artifactId>
		<version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
	</dependency>

In the POM I get 5.1.0.5 for all jars *except* tapestry-ioc which always
downloads the 5.0.18 version  /:-(

(I don't understand why the dependency does that)

And if I add the above lines I get 5.1.0.5 but tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar
does not contain @Inject.

I'm even more confused now than when I started...

Why don't you update to the official final version 5.1.0.5?

@Inject is in org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.annotations definitely but in the
maven artifact tapestry5-annotations which should be automatically
included
from tapestry5-core

Posted by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com>.