Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Darius Miliauskas <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/15 15:30:51 UTC

Fwd: Apache Jena for Developing Java App

Subject: Apache Jena for Developing Java App

Dear Sir,

I have the questions regarding creating the Java applications in NetBeans
with Apache Jena.

1. Is there any possibility to create project without using Maven? If yes,
how to do it?

2. Perhaps there are possibilities to download all libraries of Jena, and
add to the "normal" (not Maven) project because later it would be more easy
for the user just to use my application without any additional
installations like Jena?
In  the case I do not use nor NetBeans neither Eclipse, how can I
get/import these libraries in my Java app?

Sincerely Yours,

Darius Miliauskas

Re: Fwd: Apache Jena for Developing Java App

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 15/08/13 14:30, Darius Miliauskas wrote:
> Subject: Apache Jena for Developing Java App
>
> Dear Sir,
>
> I have the questions regarding creating the Java applications in NetBeans
> with Apache Jena.
>
> 1. Is there any possibility to create project without using Maven? If yes,
> how to do it?
>
> 2. Perhaps there are possibilities to download all libraries of Jena, and
> add to the "normal" (not Maven) project because later it would be more easy
> for the user just to use my application without any additional
> installations like Jena?
> In  the case I do not use nor NetBeans neither Eclipse, how can I
> get/import these libraries in my Java app?
>

> Sincerely Yours,
>
> Darius Miliauskas

See http://jena.apache.org/download/index.html for download information.

The downlaod area includes files such as:

apache-jena-VERSION.zip

which are a complete set of binaries.  You can then include these in
your project in the way that your development environment requires.

For non-NetBeans/Eclipse, if you must, then compile from the command
line.  See setting the classpath information for both javac and java.

	Andy