Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Elias Levy <fe...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/21 23:41:01 UTC

Kafka on EC2 with ephemeral storage mirrored to EBS

I am curious if anyone has attempted to run Kafka on EC2 using ephemeral
storage for the logs (I am looking to use the I2 or D2 instance types), but
actively copying the logs into an EBS volume to aid in bringing a dead
broker back to life faster, so that it doesn't have to replicate all
messages from peers when it restarts (there would be a script during
restore that would copy the EBS backup into the local storage).