Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Subramaniam V K <su...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/07 00:00:59 UTC

2.9.0 status update (10/6/2017)

We have pushed out the release to 10th November 2017:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Roadmap

The *final *feature freeze date is now 20th October 2017:

   - Merge vote is ongoing for API based (Capacity) Scheduler configuration
   (YARN-5734) and HDFS Router based federation (HDFS-10467
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-10467>). Both of them seem
   on track to pass.
   - Backport of ATS v2 (YARN-2928) and YARN Web UI v2 (YARN-3368) are in
   progress and should be done given the extension.

There are 21 outstanding blockers to be addressed by 27th October 2017:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+2.9+Release

Andrew is also tracking most of these as they are common for 3.0.0 also.
We'll follow up additionally on those specifically targeted for 2.9.0.

-Subru/Arun

Re: 2.9.0 status update (10/6/2017)

Posted by "varunsaxena@apache.org" <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Please note that ATSv2 has been merged to branch-2.
Refer to
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/commit/54a694172d7162b2ff45d6e1780c0523cfda66e7

We will continue monitoring if everything works well post-merge.

Regards,
Varun Saxena.

Posted by "varunsaxena@apache.org" <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,