Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/29 15:20:17 UTC

which maven dependencies to use codegen plugin 2.0.6 with java5 ?

Hello,apparently the codegen plugin requires java6 to run out of the box.
Which dependencies should I add to my pom ?
I'm using this plugin:

<plugin>

<groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>

<artifactId>cxf-codegen-plugin</artifactId>

<version>2.0.6</version>

<executions>

<execution>

<id>generate-sources</id>

<phase>generate-sources</phase>

<configuration>

<sourceRoot>

${basedir}/target/generated/src/main/java

</sourceRoot>

<wsdlOptions>

<wsdlOption>

<wsdl>

${basedir}/src/main/wsdl/globalweather.asmx-WSDL.wsdl

</wsdl>

</wsdlOption>

</wsdlOptions>

</configuration>

<goals>

<goal>wsdl2java</goal>

</goals>

</execution>

</executions>

</plugin>

Thanks,

Valerio

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/vschiavoni
http://jroller.com/vschiavoni

Re: which maven dependencies to use codegen plugin 2.0.6 with java5 ?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

On Tuesday 29 April 2008, Valerio Schiavoni wrote:
> Hello,apparently the codegen plugin requires java6 to run out of the
> box. Which dependencies should I add to my pom ?

No, it should work fine with Java 5 as well.  We use it for our own
builds for the tests and such and we pretty much all use java 5.

Most likely, you need to add dependencies on the actual CXF things you
plan on using or require.   For example, assuming you are going to use
SOAP, you might need cxf-rt-bindings-soap.   The best bet is probably to
either depend on cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws (since you are going to use
jaxws) or cxf-bundle (which would bring in everything required).

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA