Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by bassiee <ba...@hotmail.com> on 2007/04/09 19:02:37 UTC

handle svg file

Hey,
I have to read a svg file (it's a floor plan) and get the begin- end
endpoint of each line, so I can use them the create a room and to create a
graph (not an image, a graph where the shortest path algorithm will be
applied to)...
I'm having trouble to find what i have to use to read each lines begin- end
endpoint coordinates.
Also it is possible that some lines aren't saved in the svg file as a "line
tag", but for example as a" polyline tag" or a "square tag",  but I need the
coordinates to be to be saved in a list as a SINGLE line so I can make a
graph (using jung)
How do i handle this? Do I use the batik parser? Can you give me a tutorial
or some tips?
The rest of my program is in  java.
Don't worry about visualizing things that part is already taken care of...
Thank you for your help in advance!!!