Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by blargy <zm...@hotmail.com> on 2010/03/17 04:36:35 UTC

APR setup

[java] INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
performance in production environments was not found on the
java.library.path:
.:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java

What the heck is this and why is it recommended for production settings?
Anyone?

Re: APR setup

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
That would be a Tomcat question :)

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:36 PM, blargy <zm...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [java] INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
> performance in production environments was not found on the
> java.library.path:
> .:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java
>
> What the heck is this and why is it recommended for production settings?
> Anyone?

Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: APR setup

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
I think I know many sites that ignore this warning... using mod_proxy
is quite an easier method in comparison to this. Maybe you are aiming
at millions of queries per second, then you should consider that. I
wonder if it makes sense before.

paul