Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Vikas Khengare <Vi...@symantec.com> on 2006/02/02 06:29:42 UTC

Sending query to multiple servers and combine all Hits from them ?

Hi Friends.......

        I am doing search application which has following scenario.

Architecture ==>
1] Common GUI
2] When user enter one query then It should go to 4 searcher server (All
servers are on remote machines)
3] After searching all 4 server should return results i.e. Hits ( All
server return hits objects in diff formats i.e. all 4 servers return hit
doc's in diff formats)
4] Combine all Hits and form only type of result
5] Show that result in Uniform way to user

Problems ==>
1] How do I send my search query to all 4 searcher server. ?
2] After searching How do I get all result (Hits) for combining them in
one bundle; Because they all are in different format. ?
3] Shall I use AJAX for sending query across multiple server and getting
results back from all servers( Or any other technology, if yes specify)
?
4] How do I combine all hits ?

Thanks..................

Best Regards
[ vikas_khengare@symantec.com ]

Re: Sending query to multiple servers and combine all Hits from them ?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
Please do not cross posting to every java/lucene list you can find.  The
@jakarta lists are no longer used and forward their mail to the equivilent
@lucene lists.  The commits list exists only for people to recieve
notification about changes in the SVN repository, and people should never
send mail directly to it.

Unless you have a specific reason why you want to send mail to java-dev
regarding development of the internals of the lucene code base please send
your questions to java-user -- java-user is the correct place to send
questions about using the lucene code base.  Even if you think your
message may relate to a bug, or a possible change in the code base, do
not cross post to both lists.  Start by mailing java-user, and if people
think you have encountered a bug, or that your topic warrants discussion
about a change in API/Implimentation then the discussion can move to
java-dev.

: Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:59:42 +0530
: From: Vikas Khengare <Vi...@symantec.com>
: To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org, lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org,