Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/17 07:32:22 UTC

Pax Web 8.0.0 is just one click away

Hello!

I've just prepared Pax Web 8.0.0 release and the staging repository URL is
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/orgops4j-1524/

How to test it in Karaf? Start fresh (with Karaf 4.3.3 for example),
uncomment "karaf" user in etc/users.properties and:

karaf@root()> repo-remove
mvn:org.ops4j.pax.web/pax-web-features/7.3.19/xml/features
karaf@root()> feature:install maven
karaf@root()> maven:repository-add -id pax-web-8
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/orgops4j-1524/
karaf@root()> repo-add mvn:org.ops4j.pax.web/pax-web-features/8.0.0/xml/features
karaf@root()> feature:install pax-web-http-jetty pax-web-war
karaf@root()> bundle:install -s
'webbundle:mvn:io.hawt/hawtio-war/2.13.6/war?Web-ContextPath=/hawtio'

Now you can navigate to http://localhost:8181/hawtio and see for example:

[image: image.png]

Now, I can click "Release" button any time soon and Pax Web 8 will be
available in Maven Central. I just hope for a little feedback about the
above steps ;)

kind regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

Re: Pax Web 8.0.0 is just one click away

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Greg,

thanks for the update !

I'm ready to push the change on Karaf to "promote" main as 4.4.0 and
have karaf-4.3.x.

Just waiting for Pax Web 8.0.0 to directly update and trigger a build on
Jenkins ;)

Regards
JB