Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Farhan Sarwar <fs...@vaudit.com> on 2007/08/09 04:44:17 UTC

Question on adding a dependency

Got a simple question if someone could respond.

All the dependencies that we add in a project's pom are in the form of
groupid ,artifactid and version, so what in case we have some propriety
product/jar for which the maven structure (or let's say the pom) is yet not
defined, so in that case we'll require creating a maven pom for it on our
own ? so that it can be included as a dependency. Correct ?

Farhan.

Re: Question on adding a dependency

Posted by Insitu <ab...@oqube.com>.
"Farhan Sarwar" <fs...@vaudit.com> writes:

> Got a simple question if someone could respond.
>

> All the dependencies that we add in a project's pom are in the form of
> groupid ,artifactid and version, so what in case we have some propriety
> product/jar for which the maven structure (or let's say the pom) is yet not
> defined, so in that case we'll require creating a maven pom for it on our
> own ? so that it can be included as a dependency. Correct ?

You can use maven-install-plugin:install-file to setup your jar
properly in maven's repo(s) (or deploy for remote repos), as per

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/usage.html

HTH

--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.