Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nils Kaiser <Ni...@gmx.de> on 2006/03/14 17:52:09 UTC

Accessing cocoon cache for own purposes

Hi,

I am implementing a transformer which needs to do some heavy caching. I
would like to get an own Cache in the cocoon managed cache context. I
had a look at ehcache and it seems that directly requesting an ehcache
CacheManager is supported in version 1.2. Unfortunately cocoon uses 1.1.

So my question is, what is the best way to get a Cache object where I
can store objects and configure the caching algorithm? Do I have to work
with Excalibur store? Or can I replace the ehcache 1.1 jar with version
1.2 and use my own CacheManager? If someone has sample code this would
greatly help!

Greets,

Nils Kaiser