Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Steven Thein <st...@oracle.com> on 2009/06/25 17:22:05 UTC

Exception when calling a CXF web service deployed under WebSphere 7.0...

Hi all,

                I deployed CXF Web services under WebSphere 7.0 using IBM  JDK. When I made a call to a service I got the following exception. This CXF Web services works fine under WebLogic.

Any suggestions why I got the following exception?

javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: Unable to internalize message

      at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:145)

      at $Proxy41.login(Unknown Source)

      at com.primavera.wsclient.AuthenticationServiceJAXWSClient.testLogin(AuthenticationServiceJAXWSClient.java:154)

      at com.primavera.wsclient.AuthenticationServiceJAXWSClient.main(AuthenticationServiceJAXWSClient.java:38)

Caused by: org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapFault: Unable to internalize message

      at org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.interceptor.Soap11FaultInInterceptor.unmarshalFault(Soap11FaultInInterceptor.java:75)

      at org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.interceptor.Soap11FaultInInterceptor.handleMessage(Soap11FaultInInterceptor.java:46)

      at org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.interceptor.Soap11FaultInInterceptor.handleMessage(Soap11FaultInInterceptor.java:35)

      at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:236)

      at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.AbstractFaultChainInitiatorObserver.onMessage(AbstractFaultChainInitiatorObserver.java:96)

      at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.handler.soap.SOAPHandlerInterceptor.handleMessage(SOAPHandlerInterceptor.java:135)

      at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.handler.soap.SOAPHandlerInterceptor.handleMessage(SOAPHandlerInterceptor.java:69)

      at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:236)

      at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.onMessage(ClientImpl.java:641)

      at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponseInternal(HTTPConduit.java:2108)

      at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponse(HTTPConduit.java:1987)

      at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.close(HTTPConduit.java:1912)

      at org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractConduit.close(AbstractConduit.java:66)

      at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.close(HTTPConduit.java:611)

      at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:62)

      at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:236)

      at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:469)

      at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:299)

      at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:251)

      at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:73)

      at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:124)

Thanks

Steve

RE: Exception when calling a CXF web service deployed under WebSphere 7.0...

Posted by Steven Thein <st...@oracle.com>.
Hi Glen,
	I am using CXF2.2.2.
	Do you mean, I need to add SAAJ jar files to the endorsed directory?
Thanks
Steve

Perhaps the SAAJ libraries are different between the IBM JDK and the Sun JDK?

Glen

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Fri June 26 2009 10:52:58 am Steven Thein wrote:
> Hi Dan,
> 	On the server side we are using Provider<SOAPMessage>.

Ah!  Explains that.  :-)

> If I put
> jaxp-ri.jar file to the java\jre\lib\endorsed folder it works  fine.

It has to do with the IBM JDK that WebSphere uses.   The Sun SAAJ
implementation depends on the SUN jaxp  implementation.   That implementation
is built into the Sun (and Mac, HP, and BEA) JDKs, but not into the IBM JDK's.
They use Xerces directly.   Thus, you need to add the SUN jaxp jar so the Sun
SAAJ implementation can be used.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

RE: Exception when calling a CXF web service deployed under WebSphere 7.0...

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Exception when calling a CXF web service deployed under WebSphere 7.0...

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org