Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/02 23:31:33 UTC

Re: Wink 1.1 release progress

On Mar 30, 2010, at 10:22 PM, Mike Rheinheimer wrote:

> Next up, ideally, I'd like to have someone run the 1.1 TCK to confirm
> we are still fully compliant.  Who can volunteer for this?
> Unfortunately, I cannot.

Here's general information about getting access to TCK materials. See http://apache.org/jcp/#gettingtck for more information.

You'd need to fill out the ASF Non-Disclosure Agreement -- http://apache.org/jcp/ApacheNDA.pdf

You can then request access to the JAX-WS TCK by sending a note to jcp-open@apache.org.

Some projects manage TCK materials within the project (e.g. Geronimo). This isn't a requirement. For technology projects like Wink with relatively small TCKS, a committer can send a note to jcp-open@apache.org (after they've submitted their NDA) and request the JAX-WS TCK materials. Typically, the TCK is placed in your home directory on people.apache.org.

You are expected to keep TCK materials private. Also, some care needs to be taken in publicly discussing the TCK.

--kevan

Re: Wink 1.1 release progress

Posted by Mike Rheinheimer <ro...@ohmyhead.com>.
Fair points.  Regardless of the ability or inability to stay in step
with the JAX-RS spec version, we might appear to the casual observer
to be going backward in function based on the lack of TCK compliance
declarations.

Poeple may read the Wink 1.0 release notes, seeing the JAX-RS 1.0
compliance statement, then get Wink 1.1 release notes, and see no such
claims.  Wouldn't this discourage putting it into production as well?

I'm not emotionally attached to keeping Wink version numbers in sync
with spec version numbers, but it does concern me that we would make
an official release that, at first glance, appears to be less
compliant than previous releases based on the lack of TCK runs.

Maybe ASF needs a "compliance" team.  :)

mike

Re: Wink 1.1 release progress

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Mike,