Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by kishore kumar <ak...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/08 10:04:03 UTC

unable to create topic

I have running zookeeper 3.4.5-cdh5.2.0 cluster on 3 nodes and managing
with cm5.2, Integrated kafka with "
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/developers/home/cloudera-labs/apache-kafka.html",

The problem is, when I try to create a topic with

*# bin/kafka-topics.sh --create --zookeeper localhost:2181
--replication-factor 1 --partitions 1 --topic test*

*the error is *

*Nonode for /brokers/ids*

*I created the path /brokers/ids/0,1,2 in zookeeper manually, still
the problem is same.*

*How to get rid from this, any help ?*

*Thanks,*

*Kishore.*

Re: unable to create topic

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
Cloudera Manager utilizes the chroot znode structures so you should connect
with --zookeeper localhost:2181/kafka

Or whatever value CM has set for the chroot path of your installation.

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly