Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/19 04:43:34 UTC

JMXProxyServlet

Hi All,
    What is required for a servlet to be able to
behave like the JMXProxyServlet in tomcat manager
application?

Thanks In Advance
Anita

Re: JMXProxyServlet

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
        Thanks for your quick response.
Could someone please tell me why am I getting all
zeros here :
(as you might have guessed, tomcat is running inside
Geronmimo)

Thanks
Anita

OK - Number of results: 3

Name:
Geronimo:type=GlobalRequestProcessor,name=http-0.0.0.0-8080
modelerType: org.apache.coyote.RequestGroupInfo
requestCount: 0
maxTime: 0
bytesSent: 0
bytesReceived: 0
processingTime: 0
errorCount: 0

Name:
Geronimo:type=GlobalRequestProcessor,name=http-0.0.0.0-8443
modelerType: org.apache.coyote.RequestGroupInfo
requestCount: 0
maxTime: 0
bytesSent: 0
bytesReceived: 0
processingTime: 0
errorCount: 0

Name:
Geronimo:type=GlobalRequestProcessor,name=jk-8009

Re: JMXProxyServlet

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.

Re: JMXProxyServlet

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Anita, if you just read up on how this works the answer will become
obvious.  To make a class manageable by JMX you must implement a JMX
interface and become part of an agent process.  There is no short answer to
any question that will replace learning the technology.

On 12/19/05, anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>       Can any servlet access MBeans of type
> RequestProcessor and GlobalRequestProcessor ?
>
> Thanks
> Anita
>
> --- Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Look at the literature on JMX.  Interesting stuff!
> >
> > On 12/18/05, anita kulshreshtha
> > <a_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >     What is required for a servlet to be able to
> > > behave like the JMXProxyServlet in tomcat manager
> > > application?
> > >
> > > Thanks In Advance
> > > Anita

> > protection around
> > > http://mail.yahoo.com

> > > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > dev-help@tomcat.apache.org
> > >

> > --
> > "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make
> > it float on its back."
> > ~Dakota Jack~

~Dakota Jack~

Re: JMXProxyServlet

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

Re: JMXProxyServlet

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Look at the literature on JMX.  Interesting stuff!

On 12/18/05, anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>     What is required for a servlet to be able to
> behave like the JMXProxyServlet in tomcat manager
> application?
>
> Thanks In Advance
> Anita

~Dakota Jack~