Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Da...@sita.int on 2000/02/24 21:50:00 UTC

Apache::ASP

After installing 19 other modules i have ran into some problems that are beyond
my meeger knowlege.
im trying to install Mod_perl 1.21
for use in a Apache web server thats installed into /www

this is on a Solaris 2.6 OS with Sparc hardware.

The problem is i run the perl Makeperl.Pl

SRC is /www/server/src
configure mod perl with /www/server/src =Y
build httpd in =Y
it runs with no errors and writes about 14 makefile section listings on screen

At this point i run make (which worked for all other modules
and i get the following failure
A LOT of skip blib/*****
the sh: all: not found
*** Error code 1
Make: Fatal error: command failed for target `subdirs'

I seemed to have had this problems on an earlier installs but i thought i
resolved it due to the fact i didnt a path set correctly.

anyone got some good ideas for me to try

Re: Apache::ASP

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
David.Brewer@sita.int wrote:

> At this point i run make (which worked for all other modules
> and i get the following failure
> A LOT of skip blib/*****
> the sh: all: not found
> *** Error code 1
> Make: Fatal error: command failed for target `subdirs'
>
> I seemed to have had this problems on an earlier installs but i thought i
> resolved it due to the fact i didnt a path set correctly.
>
> anyone got some good ideas for me to try

I don't have any ideas, but it may help if you post the literal
make output, instead of your streamlined version.  I don't
recognize any of the errors that you are talking about.

Also, this is a general mod_perl build issue, not Apache::ASP,
so I would suggest that if you repost, you do so without ASP
in the subject line, as some people on the list that might
be able to help you, but don't read ASP messages, may never
see your cry for help.

-- Joshua
Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA