Posted to users@ace.apache.org by Jorge Martín Cuervo <jo...@martincuervo.com> on 2016/08/03 20:02:28 UTC

org.apache.ace.useradmin

Hello,

I am trying to understand how the users management is working, I would like
to update the user accounts and groups during runtime.

So far, currently we could:
- Modify the file and
conf/org.apache.ace.server.repository.factory/ace-users.cfg, clean the
bundle cache and restart the server. The drawback of this technique is that
I lose the bundles settings, targets, etc.
- Access the client UI, this requires to set a group and this is error
prone if I would like to create a batch of 20 users (not to mention how
tedious is this task).

I have checked the ace code and:
- There is no REST services implemented in the client to modify the users
- I have seen the code of o.a.a.useradmin.ui, I could simply get the felix
user admin and use it, but I do not see the whole picture how the users'
XML is managed. o.a.a.useradmin is registering UserAdminRepository that
uses UserAdminListener to persist the XML, but how this is actually reading
the content?
is this the role of o.a.a.resourceprocessor.useradmin?

If I could like to persist the XML in a relational database:
- is this a good idea?
- what parts of ace should I check?
- maybe is simpler to extend the client rest service and add some user
management services?

Thanks!!

Jorge Martin Cuervo

email <jo...@martincuervo.com>