Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2010/10/29 16:42:27 UTC

[VOTE] Next stable release version number

  Hi all,

because of incompatibilities between the internal core (which has been
made 64-bit clean) and the plugin APIs, we will have to make a few
changes to the APIs that breaks API and ABI. It's been suggested that we
should also bump the next stable release to v3.0 for this reason. So,
I'll bring this to a vote amongst the devs and users, please cast your
votes within 72 hours.

     [] Next stable release should be v2.2 (as was planned before the
API changes)
     [] Next stable release should be v3.0.

I fully expect this next stable release to be done before the end of
this year.

-- leif

Re: [VOTE] Next stable release version number

Posted by Theo Schlossnagle <je...@omniti.com>.

--

Theo Schlossnagle

http://omniti.com/is/theo-schlossnagle

Re: [VOTE] Next stable release version number

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
  I'm (finally) calling the vote on this, here are the results:

     2 votes for v2.2 (both binding votes)
     6 votes for v3.0 (3 binding votes, 3 non-binding)

It's not "crystal clear", but I feel the general consensus in the
community is that we should make the next stable release v3.0. This does
not prevent us from making a v4.0 release next year if necessary :).

Thanks everyone for voting!

Posted by Diogo Leal <di...@diogoleal.com>.
On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Daniel Mercer <dm...@fantoccini.com> wrote:
>>    [] Next stable release should be v3.0.
>
> +1
+1

Diogo Leal [aka estranho]
http://diogoleal.com
msn | gtalk: estranho@diogoleal.com

Re: [VOTE] Next stable release version number

Posted by John Plevyak <jp...@gmail.com>.
    [X] Next stable release should be v3.0.

+1

I'd like to get the API in order.

Re: [VOTE] Next stable release version number

Posted by Daniel Mercer <dm...@fantoccini.com>.
>    [] Next stable release should be v3.0.

+1

Dan M.

Re: [VOTE] Next stable release version number

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.

> On 10/29/2010 08:42 AM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

>>     [X] Next stable release should be v3.0.

> -- Leif

> P.s lets break this API once and for all for v3.0 ;)

Yeah, that's why I would prefer 2.2 for the next stable release. We're not going to get all of the needed changes in to the API for 2.2, so we'll be looking at 4.0 for the next next stable release.

Re: [VOTE] Next stable release version number

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.
I vote for 2.2.

Re: [VOTE] Next stable release version number

Posted by George Paul <ge...@apache.org>.
If breaking API & ABI for next stable release then

[+1] Next stable release should be v3.0.

-George

Antw: [VOTE] Next stable release version number

Posted by Sascha Klose <Sa...@cewecolor.de>.
Hi,

[x] Next stable release should be v3.0.

Bye,
Sascha

Ihre Digitalfotos als echtes Buch – jetzt neue Bestellsoftware sichern:

Mein CEWE FOTOBUCH – erstellt in 3 Minuten!
Riesenauswahl an Formaten und Einbänden

In drei Schritten sind Sie am Ziel:
- Software kostenlos unter http://www.cewe-fotobuch.de downloaden
- Ihr CEWE FOTOBUCH schnell und komfortabel am PC gestalten
- Auftrag im Geschäft Ihrer Wahl abgeben – oder online bestellen

Das CEWE FOTOBUCH: Für jeden Anlass das Richtige! Neu. Schon ab 7,95 €*

*unverbindliche Preisempfehlung für ein CEWE FOTOBUCH klein/14x13cm
inkl. MwSt zzgl. Bearbeitungspauschale und etwaig anfallender
Versandkosten, gemäß Preisliste.

OHG mit Sitz in Oldenburg; Registergericht Oldenburg HR A 1548;

persönlich haftende geschäftsführende Gesellschafterin: Neumüller CeWe
Color Stiftung, Oldenburg
Vorstand: Dr. Rolf Hollander, Vorsitzender;
Harald H. Pirwitz, Felix Thalmann, Frank Zweigle, Dr. Michael Fries;
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Reiner Fageth, Thomas Grunau,
Andreas F.L. Heydemann, Dr. Olaf Holzkämper

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: CeWe Color Holding AG, Oldenburg,
Registergericht Oldenburg HR B 2956
Vorstand: Dr. Rolf Hollander, Vorsitzender;
Andreas F.L. Heydemann, Dr. Reiner Fageth, Dr. Olaf Holzkämper
Aufsichtsrat: Hubert Rothärmel, Vorsitzender

Re: [VOTE] Next stable release version number

Posted by Daniel Mercer <dm...@fantoccini.com>.