Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/17 17:43:37 UTC

New mail-list moderator(s)? Re: Resigning as Jena and JSPWiki mentor

If I am going to drop off the mailing list moderators list, we'll need
at least one new moderator.

Who's willing to act as an email moderator for Jena?

The work load is pretty light and typically all you have to do is
handle 1-2 flagged emails each day, max.

Thanks,
- Dave

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Thanks for stepping up and helping us get Jena into the incubator.
> Good luck in your new role.
>
> Jena-Devs, please be sure to update the project status page to reflect
> this change.
>
> Ross
>
> On 1 July 2011 19:11, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Due to career changes I'm going to have a lot less time for open
>> source activities, even less than the paltry time I have now for
>> monitoring mailing lists and helping out. Please accept this as my
>> resignation from the Jena and JSPWiki podlings.
>>
>> - Dave

> Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
> Programme Leader (Open Development)

Dave M. Johnson
Apache Roller PMC Chair
http://rollerweblogger.org/roller

GVoice: 919-404-9668
Skype: dave-johnson

Re: New mail-list moderator(s)? Re: Resigning as Jena and JSPWiki mentor

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.
Works for me as well Damian.

--
Marco Neumann
KONA

---
Join us at the Semantic Web Media Summit in New York City for an
exciting event on 14 September 2011
http://www.lotico.com/evt/swmsNYC2011/

Re: New mail-list moderator(s)? Re: Resigning as Jena and JSPWiki mentor

Posted by Damian Steer <d....@bristol.ac.uk>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@epimorphics.com>.
Dave,

Please add me as a moderator, so at least for now, we have coverage.

(don't let that stop any one else!)

Separately ...

We will want to expand the group of people making Jena run smoothly at
Apache.  Who can do what?

Reading the webpages (and I may have missed the blindingly obvious) I
don't see framework for a PPMC to make a decision.  Maybe it's more down
to common practice.

To use this as a example, which might not be a good one as moderation
isn't reputed to be too onerous.

I'd be happy to have Marco as a moderator as he's someone I know and
think would do a good job.  I've even met him in person!

Not knowing any better, I don't see any legal issues but I guess it's as
much about what is common practice.

	Andy

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.
I believe I am not on the PPMC