Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 1998/01/28 03:02:11 UTC

2.0 and 1.3

As dean noted, the 2.0 and 1.3 trees are already out of sync. Unless
someone else wants it, I'll fold the changes made to 1.3 into
2.0, but it will be in large blocks like every day or so.

Even so, this will no doubt cause trouble in case anyone actually
wants to work on 2.0.

How about if we pick a time where we say "1.3beta4 is finished", freeze
the code and release it. At that point, we sync-up 1.3beta4 and 2.0
and start working (gradually) on 2.0 (because we still have 1.3 to
put out). The only code to be added/changed on 1.3 will be actual
bug fixes. All other enhancements will do into the 2.0 tree.

Re: 2.0 and 1.3

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> As dean noted, the 2.0 and 1.3 trees are already out of sync. Unless
> someone else wants it, I'll fold the changes made to 1.3 into
> 2.0, but it will be in large blocks like every day or so.
>
> Even so, this will no doubt cause trouble in case anyone actually
> wants to work on 2.0.
>
> How about if we pick a time where we say "1.3beta4 is finished", freeze
> the code and release it. At that point, we sync-up 1.3beta4 and 2.0
> and start working (gradually) on 2.0 (because we still have 1.3 to
> put out). The only code to be added/changed on 1.3 will be actual
> bug fixes. All other enhancements will do into the 2.0 tree.

Sounds like a good plan.

Cheers,

Ben.