Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2010/08/18 11:30:50 UTC

[milestone] Proposed next milestone plans

We've had lots of good fixes and improvements in the codebase over the
last few months, so time to take stock with another of our regular
milestones.

I would like to propose the following schedule for 5.0M15 & 6.0M3.

  Feature freeze  Fri 20th August
  Code freeze     Fri 27th August
  Publish         Fri 3rd September

If there are any objections or problems with these dates please say.
As usual, we will track issues that must be fixed for these releases
using the JIRA "Fix for" field.  To see the list visit the Harmony JIRA
homepage at:

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY

and click the "Road Map" link.

Regards,
Tim

Re: [milestone] Proposed next milestone plans

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
  On 18/08/2010 10:30, Tim Ellison wrote:
> We've had lots of good fixes and improvements in the codebase over the
> last few months, so time to take stock with another of our regular
> milestones.
>
> I would like to propose the following schedule for 5.0M15&  6.0M3.
>
>    Feature freeze  Fri 20th August
>    Code freeze     Fri 27th August
>    Publish         Fri 3rd September

Sounds good to me.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin
Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: [milestone] Proposed next milestone plans

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 03/Sep/2010 23:45, Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message <4C...@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:
> I am likely to end up producing at least some of the linux artifacts so
> I am happy to produce them all (nicluding windows) and start the vote if
> you want.

Sure, thanks.  Let me know when you have src packages on people.a.o and
I'll test them during the vote period.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <4C...@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

> I see good test results on the Java 5 branch on a WinXP/IA32 MSVS2003
> platform too.  No new failures.
>
> Is anyone else still running tests?  I'd like to start a vote soon and
> reopen the code for development.

I've run tests on linux i386/amd64 and debian packages for those
platforms.

I've not bothered with win32 as that seems to get enough attention.

I am still trying to get win64 test results.

I am likely to end up producing at least some of the linux artifacts so
I am happy to produce them all (nicluding windows) and start the vote if
you want.

Regards,
-Mark.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Catherine Hope <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Ray,

Yes, that patch fixes the MulticastSocketTest failure for me.

Best wishes,
Cath

Re: [milestone] Proposed next milestone plans

Posted by Ray Chen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cath,
For the MulticastSocketTest failure, can you try the patch JIRA6633?

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Catherine Hope
<ca...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I get the same 2 permanent failures as Charles on Linux x86-32 (running
> 2.6.32-21-generic #32-Ubuntu with gcc version 4.4.3)
>
> java.awt.event.MouseEventTest
>  java.lang.NullPointerException
>  at java.awt.event.MouseEventTest.testHarmony5215(MouseEventTest.java:181)
>
> org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.MulticastSocketTest
> junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: Group member did not recv data
> expected:<[Hello World]> but was:<[�]>
> at
> org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.MulticastSocketTest.test_joinGroupLjava_net_SocketAddressLjava_net_NetworkInterface(MulticastSocketTest.java:429)
>
> I think these are the best test results for any milestone I've had on my
> machine.
>
> Cath

Ray Chen

Re: [milestone] Proposed next milestone plans

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
  Results for my java 5 tree on Windows x86 at r991925:

5 failures:
java.awt.ButtonRTest.testHarmony3701
java.awt.WindowTest.testSetLocationRelativeTo
javax.swing.ImageIcon_MultithreadedTest.testSetImageObserver
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicScrollBarUITest.testGetThumbBounds
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLConnectionTest.test_getInputStream

1 error:
org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.MultiSession.ClassObjectIDTest.testClassObjectID001
- timeout

I don't think there's anything unusual there and nothing new since the
last release. I've just kicked off the java 6 tests, will report the
results on the other thread when they complete.

Regards,
Oliver

Posted by Charles Lee <li...@gmail.com>.
New status:

--
Yours sincerely,
Charles Lee

Re: [milestone] Proposed next milestone plans

Posted by Charles Lee <li...@gmail.com>.
Environment:

Linux lee-desktop 2.6.31-22-generic #64-Ubuntu SMP Tue Aug 24 09:31:57 UTC
2010 i686 GNU/Linux
gcc version 4.4.1 (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu9)

result:

TestsFailuresErrorsSuccess rateTime22328 <all-tests.html>17<alltests-fails.html>
3 <alltests-errors.html>99.91%1870.109

--
Yours sincerely,
Charles Lee

Re: [milestone] Proposed next milestone plans

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 19/Aug/2010 14:29, Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message <4C...@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

>>> +1

>>> This seems like a good candidate for an s.apache.org url so I've set up:
>>>
>>>    http://s.apache.org/harmony/roadmap
>> To save 9 chars or get the vanity URL ;-)
>
> Huh?  To save 9 characters and the 'and click the "Road Map" link' text
> or to avoid the direct url for the "Road Map" which is:
>
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

Ah, it was unclear that your link went to the roadmap panel, and i was
on a plane at the time so didn't try it.  Now it makes more sense to me.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <4C...@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

> We've had lots of good fixes and improvements in the codebase over the
> last few months, so time to take stock with another of our regular
> milestones.
>
> I would like to propose the following schedule for 5.0M15 & 6.0M3.
>
>   Feature freeze  Fri 20th August
>   Code freeze     Fri 27th August
>   Publish         Fri 3rd September

+1

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.

On 19/08/2010 16:39, Colin Thorne wrote:
> On 19/08/2010 15:23, Lang Yang wrote:
>> The road map is driven by the "Fix Version/s" field on each issue. If
>> you
>> want that issue shows up on the road map, you need to edit the JIRA
>> issue,
>> set the "Fix Version/s" field to 5.0M15 and/or 6.0M3.
> Thanks Lang. It looks like I didn't change the JIRA fix version field
> when I submitted the patch, and I don't have authority to change the
> JIRA so I'll contact the person who resolved the issue.

Done.

Regards,
Oliver

Posted by Colin Thorne <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lang Yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 6:08 AM, Colin Thorne <th...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18/08/2010 10:30, Tim Ellison wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>>
>> As usual, we will track issues that must be fixed for these releases
>> using the JIRA "Fix for" field.  To see the list visit the Harmony JIRA
>> homepage at:
>>
>>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY
>>
>> and click the "Road Map" link.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tim
>>

> How are the list of JIRA issues chosen? I notice thathttp://
> issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6384  was not included in the
> roadmap for 5.0M15 although it was fixed since the last milestone. Should I
> have set something on the JIRA?

Hello Colin.

The road map is driven by the "Fix Version/s" field on each issue. If you
want that issue shows up on the road map, you need to edit the JIRA issue,
set the "Fix Version/s" field to 5.0M15 and/or 6.0M3.

Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Regards,
Lang

Posted by Colin Thorne <th...@gmail.com>.