Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Thiago Senna <tr...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/08 16:32:25 UTC

Using eclipse-salve plugin

Hi,

I put salve to work with maven (with salve-maven2 plugin) and using jvm
arguments as suggested in the salve homepage (with
-javaagent:<salve-agent.jar>) successfully, but unfortunatelly I couldn't
put the salve-eclipse plugin to work on eclipse ganymede-jee. I don't know
if the plugin was really installed successfully or if I'm doing something
wrong.

I installed eclipse-salve plugin from
http://salve.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/salve-eclipse-update-site/. Did
somebody put eclipse-salve plugin to work? What can I do to know if the
plugin was really installed succesfully (i didn't find any wizard on my
eclipse). After the plugin is installed successfully Do I need to do
something else?

I'm from Brasil, so, excuse-me for my bad english... rsrs

Thanks,
Thiago Senna

Re: Using eclipse-salve plugin

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
you should check out the sources for 1.0 release, import them into
eclipse, and build the plugin yourself. i have seen cases where a
plugin i built on a windows machine does not work on linux or mac. go
figure.

building it is easy, check out the source, import eclipse projects,
file->export->deployable plugins and fragments->check all 3 salve
plugins and click export. then copy them from the folder they were
exported to into your eclipse/plugins

when you start eclipse you should right click a project and select
"add salve nature", thats it. it will instrument files whenever they
are changed.

-igor