Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com> on 2003/01/27 03:33:03 UTC

config.xml and imap2 proposal

Does anyone have info on what I need to add to my config.xml to use the
imap2 proposal?

Kenny

Re: config.xml and imap2 proposal

Posted by Darrell DeBoer <da...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:11, Darrell DeBoer wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:33, Kenny Smith wrote:
> > Does anyone have info on what I need to add to my config.xml to use the
> > imap2 proposal?
> >
> > Kenny
>
> Hi Kenny.
>
> From memory, you just need to use the "dist" target from the
> proposals/imap2/build.xml build file. This overwrites the main
> james-config.xml with an imap-specific one. However, there may have been
> divergent changes in the main tree, I'm not sure.

Hi Kenny,

I've made some fixes so that the proposal will build and start - needed to
synch for changes in the dns-server component.

You should now be able to build James with the imap2 proposal, and startup
successfully. That's all I've tested so far, but you could then try
connecting with an email client.

I've put some *very* brief notes on the wiki. Maybe there should be a link
from james.apache.org to the James wiki pages?

--
ciao,
Daz

Re: config.xml and imap2 proposal