Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Sebastian Mohr <fl...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/01 12:32:47 UTC

A guideline for adding new components to the Apache Flex SDK?

Hi,

It is great to see that people start to raise their
hands to work on new Apache Flex components.
I just wanted to share a general concern with you ...

How can we guarantee that our new components,
coming up in the next versions of the Apache Flex
SDK, have the same quality of the existing Adobe Flex
components? People, like Chet Haase from the Adobe
Flex team, working on the Slider and Scroller components
[1], had the capacity to think about their Adobe Flex
components for months (if not years) before they have
added these components into the Adobe Flex SDK. They
also had a team that focused on the mobile components
only in Adobe Flex [2]. How can we keep up with the same
quality for our components?

Wouldn't it make sense to write down a guideline into
our wiki so that we have a checklist we can go through
before we add new components into the Apache Flex SDK?

[1]
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/codedependent/animated-scrollbar-and-slider-in-flex-4/
[2]
http://www.hufkens.net/2009/10/slider-a-mobile-version-of-the-flex-framework/

--
Sebastian (PPMC)
Interaction Designer

Looking for a Login Example with Apache Flex? Please check out this code:
http://code.google.com/p/masuland/wiki/LoginExample

Re: A guideline for adding new components to the Apache Flex SDK?

Posted by Hugo Miguel Pereira Matinho <hu...@gmail.com>.
By the way the list of components in the spark namespace hasn't been
updated in a while is there any current track to know where people can help
or start helping ?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Hugo Miguel Pereira Matinho <hu...@gmail.com>.