Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by James Dailey <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/10 19:18:34 UTC

Design Matters

Hi all  -

CGAP has published work by the group that presented to Mifos last fall,
that involved looking at how to build excellent Financial Apps for the
excluded poor.  There is also a nice high level comparison of AirTel Money,
BHIM, Buddy, Jana Cash, Pockets, PayTM - all apps in the India market.

http://www.cgap.org/publications/financial-services-apps-india

"Good design doesn't have to be hard, and it is within reach. This report
provides numerous examples of good design in almost every app, and it
provides recommendations with visual examples illustrating how good design
can be easily achieved."

As a community, is there a way to explore the designs we have now and to
recognize excellent design when it comes about? Could we hold an annual
competition for "best designed Mifos or Fineract" app?

Looking for feedback on this idea.

Regards,
- James Dailey
SEATTLE