Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Evelio Quiros <ev...@fiu.edu> on 2012/01/12 19:04:47 UTC

Email Config in VCL

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where the config files are for the VCL email messages ?
I imagine these are on the management node somewhere ?
In particular, I want to change the address it is using to send from, and also some of the text of the messages.

Thanks,
Al Quiros

Re: Email Config in VCL

Posted by jj...@itesm.mx.
Thanks Josh

Juan José Zamanillo

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: Email Config in VCL

Posted by jj...@itesm.mx.
Josh I have more php programs in spanish, I will put the php programs in the same format and append to the es-mx message file, and send to you.

Regards
Juan José Zamanillo

-------------------------------

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: Email Config in VCL

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.
Juan,

-------------------------------

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: Email Config in VCL

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
Thank you Juan,

This is good.

Aaron P

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 4:29 PM,  <jj...@itesm.mx> wrote:
> I am working in make a spanish version of VCL, today I have about 60 percent of the interface (the user part is 98 in spanish).
>
> I think if I send to you the diff of the english version and spanish version maybe we can put the messages in an order form (maybe as example usersmsg1, usermsg2...) Into the database and get a very easy way to have a multilinguann system only changing the table "messages" in the DB.
>
> I hope this will help the team
>
> Regards
>
> Juan José Zamanillo

Aaron Peeler
Program Manager
Virtual Computing Lab
NC State University

Re: Email Config in VCL

Posted by jj...@itesm.mx.
I am working in make a spanish version of VCL, today I have about 60 percent of the interface (the user part is 98 in spanish).

I think if I send to you the diff of the english version and spanish version maybe we can put the messages in an order form (maybe as example usersmsg1, usermsg2...) Into the database and get a very easy way to have a multilinguann system only changing the table "messages" in the DB.

I hope this will help the team

Regards

Juan José Zamanillo

Also you will need to restart vcld for any changes you make to the .pm files.

-AP

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Aaron Peeler <fa...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Hello Al,
>
> The From address is coming from the database 'affiliation' table.
>
> The messages are in a couple of the modules, <path_2_vcl_install>/vcl/lib/VCL
>
> new.pm, search for mailstring
>
> reserve.pm & inuse.pm,  search for message
>
> (Someday we'll get these into the database.)
>
> Aaron
>
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Evelio Quiros <ev...@fiu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can anyone tell me where the config files are for the VCL email messages ?
>> I imagine these are on the management node somewhere ?
>> In particular, I want to change the address it is using to send from, and
>> also some of the text of the messages.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Al Quiros
>

> --
> Aaron Peeler
> Program Manager
> Virtual Computing Lab
> NC State University

Aaron Peeler
Program Manager
Virtual Computing Lab
NC State University

Re: Email Config in VCL

Posted by Aaron Peeler <fa...@ncsu.edu>.
Also you will need to restart vcld for any changes you make to the .pm files.

-AP

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Aaron Peeler <fa...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Hello Al,
>
> The From address is coming from the database 'affiliation' table.
>
> The messages are in a couple of the modules, <path_2_vcl_install>/vcl/lib/VCL
>
> new.pm, search for mailstring
>
> reserve.pm & inuse.pm,  search for message
>
> (Someday we'll get these into the database.)
>
> Aaron
>
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Evelio Quiros <ev...@fiu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can anyone tell me where the config files are for the VCL email messages ?
>> I imagine these are on the management node somewhere ?
>> In particular, I want to change the address it is using to send from, and
>> also some of the text of the messages.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Al Quiros
>

> --