Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at> on 2021/09/06 13:04:50 UTC

Re: POI 5.0 slf4j conflict with commons-logging

Hi,

Apache POI 5.0.0 uses a dependency on slf4j-api
<https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.slf4j/slf4j-api> to use slf4j as
core logging framework in Apache POI.

It also includes a dependency to jcl-over-slf4j
<https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.slf4j/jcl-over-slf4j> to redirect
logs of third-party libraries that are using commons-logging via slf4j
instead.

You should be able to either make sure that commons-logging is included
first in the classpath or exclude the transitive dependency on
jcl-over-slf4j when depending on Apache POI to make sure that
commons-logging is used again.

BTW, POI 5.1.0 will switch once again to Log4j and depending on
commons-logging, so the next release should work better for your use-case
again out of the box.

Dominik.