Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org> on 2018/11/05 20:57:33 UTC

Re: Stackoverflow Questions

+user@

I think we'd better ask user@ before we subscribe the list to a regular
automated email. Daily might be OK for dev@ but I would guess that user@
might prefer less frequent. It will have a predictable subject so it should
be easy to filter if someone is not interested.

Kenn

Posted by Scott Wegner <sc...@apache.org>.
Upon further inspection, I don't think this would be as simple as creating
a StackExchange filter subscribed to user@; the emails sent include an
unsubscribe link, which anyone could click and break the subscription.

Posted by Scott Wegner <sc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.
People who ask on SO probably expect to be answered on SO.

I don't think it makes sense to subscribe users to automated emails
like this, but a weekly (or maybe even daily) summary to dev would
probably be helpful in effectively getting these questions answered.

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.