Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sn...@cob.org on 2006/11/30 21:25:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Could not reliably determine FQDN

This appears to have worked.  Thanks Joshua!

____________________________
Steven Niedermeyer
Bellingham, WA

             "Joshua Slive"
             <jo...@slive.ca>
             jslive@gmail.com          users@httpd.apache.org
                                                                        cc

             11/30/2006 12:04                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: [users@httpd] Could not
                                       reliably determine FQDN

             Please respond to
             users@httpd.apach
                   e.org

On 11/30/06, sniedermeyer@cob.org <sn...@cob.org> wrote:

> I have the servername directive in my virtualhosts config file, but am
> still getting the following error:
>
> httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified
domain
> name, using 192.168.1.1 for ServerName
>
> I did some Googling on this and someone mentioned I might have to enter a
> servername directive in the httpd.conf file or I'll continue to get this
> error.

Just put
ServerName www.domain.org
in httpd.conf outside any <VirtualHost> section.  It won't do
anything, since all your requests are mapped to vhosts, but apache
doesn't have any easy way to figure that out, so it wants something to
use by default.  (Or just ignore the warning; it doesn't do any harm.)

Joshua.