Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Joachim Sautter <jo...@softwareschneiderei.de> on 2005/05/31 12:30:22 UTC

CVS and URL

Hello,
i want to use Continuum alpha 2. But I have problems with the format of
the URL for the cvs. Normally we connect to a pserver
like this: :pserver:jue@twintwin:/home..... How looks like this for the
URL in Continuum. I have prepard ist also with the
Formats from the ScM module of maven but it doesnt works with them also.

Re: CVS and URL

Posted by Eric Ballet-Baz <eb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
continuum's repository is not under CVS, but SVN (Subversion)

see http://maven.apache.org/continuum/dev/building.html
to retrieve sources

Eric

On 5/31/05, Joachim Sautter <jo...@softwareschneiderei.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> i want to use Continuum alpha 2. But I have problems with the format of
> the URL for the cvs. Normally we connect to a pserver
> like this: :pserver:jue@twintwin:/home..... How looks like this for the
> URL in Continuum. I have prepard ist also with the
> Formats from the ScM module of maven but it doesnt works with them also.

Eric Ballet Baz
Tél : (33)6 62 61 36 09
Mail : eballetbaz@gmail.com

Re: CVS and URL

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 14:34 +0200, Joachim Sautter wrote:
> Jason van Zyl wrote:

> scm:cvs:pserver:jue@twintwin:/home/cvstest/test1

You have no module at the end of the SCM URL.

The format is:

scm:cvs:<protocol>[:<host>]:<CVS root>:<CVS module>

You need to provide the root and the module separated by a ":".

The error message could definitely be more specific.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

you are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

  -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Re: CVS and URL

Posted by Joachim Sautter <jo...@softwareschneiderei.de>.

Re: CVS and URL

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

  -- Shakespeare

Re: CVS and URL

Posted by Joachim Sautter <jo...@softwareschneiderei.de>.

Re: CVS and URL