Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Williamson, Siehnai" <sw...@docucorp.com> on 2002/02/05 22:38:11 UTC

SEnumVal and Progressive Parse

Hi,

The SEnumVal example doesn't appear to work with progressive parsing.  The
SAXParser uses a default DTDValidator for parseFirst() and appears to be
incapable of detecting that the document has a schema.  When is the schema
information loaded?  Is it after the entire xml file has been parsed or does
it load like the DTD loads when parseFirst() is taking place?  I need to
retrieve schema info and I'm using progressive parsing.  Please help.

Thanks.

Re: SEnumVal and Progressive Parse

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.

"Williamson, Siehnai" wrote:

> When is the schema information loaded?  Is it after the entire xml
> file has been parsed or does it load like the DTD loads when
> parseFirst() is taking place?

The schema is loaded when the root element is parsed.  Thus it is taking
place during parseNext(), not parseFirst().

Tinny