Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Keith Irwin <ke...@keithirwin.com> on 2004/01/08 00:49:22 UTC

maven plugin: different JVM

Simple question:

Are the cactus tests run (via the maven plugin) in a different JVM?
This is, one jvm to run the tests, another jvm to start the web app?

Just curious because although I can finally get the ServletTestCase
stuff working with an extended version of struts 1.1, I get a
nullpointerexception with struts test case.

And I have a glimmer of a memory of doing this all before and the trick
was to start a new jvm (back when I did this through ant rather than
maven).

Thanks!

Keith

RE: maven plugin: different JVM

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Keith,

Yes. This is true for all Cactus integrations except for the Browser
integration.

> Just curious because although I can finally get the ServletTestCase
> stuff working with an extended version of struts 1.1, I get a
> nullpointerexception with struts test case.

Ah, I remember people posting about this but I don't know what the
problem was. I don't think it had to do with Cactus in the end. Search
the archives for "StrutsTestCase" and "NullPointerException".

> And I have a glimmer of a memory of doing this all before and the
trick
> was to start a new jvm (back when I did this through ant rather than
> maven).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Keith

Thanks