Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tim Bachta <tb...@kopent.com> on 2003/05/12 16:09:45 UTC

Trouble getting a connection to MsSQL 2k DB

I have been trying to connect to a M$$QL DB and have been unsuccessful.
I am using cocoon 2.0.4.  Has anyone else been able to successfully
connect to this type of database?  If so can you please tell me what I
may be doing wrong or if there is a trick.  I am starting to get
frustrated.  I would love to use a different db but I am unable to.

Re: Trouble getting a connection to MsSQL 2k DB

Posted by Jens Maukisch <co...@maukisch.net>.
Hi,

> I have been trying to connect to a M$$QL DB and have been unsuccessful.
It's difficult to help you without mentioning the error you get :-)

Have you already read http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=MsSQL ?

--
* best regards
* Jens Maukisch

RE: Trouble getting a connection to MsSQL 2k DB

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
If I have problems connecting a database from a server framework I
always write a simple class, that does nothing else than connecting to
the database and executes one query and finally closes the connection.

If it works I only have to copy the settings to the framework (in this
case to cocoon.xconf) and I've never had any problems yet.

Common problems:
 - wrong database driver
 - wrong database port
 - wrong user/password or user not allowed to
   connect to the database

HTH

Reinhard