Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "Timothy A. Dilbert | BMT" <Ti...@bmt.ky> on 2022/06/15 04:03:23 UTC

Unable to get Guacmole to connect to hosts

Hello,

I am trying to install Apache Guacamole on RHEL 8.

I've followed all of the instructions linked below:

https://computingforgeeks.com/install-guacamole-remote-desktop-centos/

I've gotten to the point where Guacamole is loading and I'm able to sign in. The problem I'm having, however, is that whenever I try to connect to a host, I am getting the following error message:

[cid:67388e98-f5e4-4cad-bcce-9a6554b54468]

"An internal error has occurred within the Guacamole server, and the connection has been terminated. If the problem persists, please notify your system administrator, or check your system logs".

The Guacamole documentation says to check the syslogs. I've checked /var/log/messages​ and I'm not seeing anything related to the error.

Any help to troubleshoot would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Timothy Dilbert

Re: Unable to get Guacmole to connect to hosts

Posted by "Timothy A. Dilbert | BMT" <Ti...@bmt.ky>.
Thank you, Ivanmarus. I'm sorry for not responding earlier. These responses ended up in my junk mail.

I ended up switching over to Ubuntu which was a lot easier to deploy Guacamole on. When I get OpenShift up and running I will research switching over to a container, thus back to RHEL.

Timothy

________________________________
Posted by Ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Timothy,

Posted by Sean Hulbert <sh...@securitycentric.net.INVALID>.
For testing disable SELinux and reboot the server.

Verify it up and running use the following command: sestatus or getenforce

Disable SELinux temporary use the following command: setenforce 0   If you are using sudo accounts put sudo in front of the commands

To Permanently  disable  vi /etc/selinux/config then set SELINUX= disabled save and reboot

The idea here is to eliminate potential blocks.

Next I would check the firewall making sure the ports are open.

Thank You

Sean Hulbert

Founder / CEO

Work Ph: 925.292.4309

 <http://www.securitycentric.net/> www.securitycentric.net

A Cybersecurity Enablement Company

We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!

System Award Management

CAGE: 8AUV4

AFCEA San Francisco Chapter V.P.

If you have heard of a hacker by name, he/she has failed, fear the hacker you haven’t heard of!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication. Content within this email communication is not legally binding as a contract and no promises are guaranteed unless in a formal contract outside this email communication.

igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!!!

Epitoma Rei Militaris