Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2005/12/08 04:02:03 UTC

Checking Release Candidates - Wiki Page

I started a page on the wiki with notes for checking a release candidate:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/ReleaseChecking

Niall

Re: Checking Release Candidates - Wiki Page

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 12/8/05, Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 12/7/05, Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > I've requested clarification from Simian. I'll post or paraphrase the
> > response here.
>

> Well that was fast! Herewith the response from Simon Harris at RedHill
> Consulting, makers of Simian:
>
> ----------
> Martin,
> I might change the wording. The intent is that open-source projects have an
> implicit license to use Simian--unlike IntelliJ for example which require
> that you apply for one. The license isn't transferable.
>
> I hope that clears things up. If not, just ping me again and I'll see what I
> can do to help :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon
> ----------
>
> So I don't believe there's any issue in including Simian reports in Commons
> docs or sites (or any other ASF docs or sites, for that matter).

Cool, so not a problem for this release right?

While someone could use our distribution to build our site and then
have legal problems, that's a pretty weak point; however it does seem
a bit more of a problem for Maven who are redistributing it.

Something to mention at ApacheCon :)

Hen

Re: Checking Release Candidates - Wiki Page

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.