Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ryszard Lach <si...@autograf.pl> on 2005/11/08 11:09:49 UTC

Bug in UDV/functions?

Hi.

I've noticed a strange behaviour of _StringFromFile function when a UDV
config element is used.

Look at the example profile:

Test Plan -> Thread Group -> Simple Controller -> User Defined Variables
containing _StringFromFile function.

I'm running test with NumberOfThreads=1 and LoopCount=50. At every
iteration of test plan the testing thread reads next value from file
being used.

No I'm adding to my profile

Test Plan -> User Defined Variables containing definition of quite
different variables (used as values in gaussian timer somewhere else).

Now I'm repeating the test and... the testing thread reads value from
file only once. If I increase NumberOfThreads in ThreadGroup - every
thread reads next value from file, but also only once (i.e. doesn't
read again at next iterations).

Is this a bug or (un)documented feature?

Richard.

--
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they
fight you. Then you win." - Mohandas Gandhi.

Re: Bug in UDV/functions?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 09/11/05, Ryszard Lach <si...@autograf.pl> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 06:39:59PM +0000, sebb wrote:
> > On 08/11/05, Ryszard Lach <si...@autograf.pl> wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I've noticed a strange behaviour of _StringFromFile function when a UDV
> > > config element is used.
> > >
> > > Look at the example profile:
> > >
> > > Test Plan -> Thread Group -> Simple Controller -> User Defined Variables
> > > containing _StringFromFile function.
> > >

> > AFAIK UDV does not support functions/variables.
> >

> Yes, it does, I've used it many times... Anyway, using preprocessors
> seems be better solution because of lovely 'Update Once Per Iteration'
> checkbox.

Sorry, you're right.

Re: Bug in UDV/functions?

Posted by Ryszard Lach <si...@autograf.pl>.

Re: Bug in UDV/functions?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 08/11/05, Ryszard Lach <si...@autograf.pl> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've noticed a strange behaviour of _StringFromFile function when a UDV
> config element is used.
>
> Look at the example profile:
>
> Test Plan -> Thread Group -> Simple Controller -> User Defined Variables
> containing _StringFromFile function.

AFAIK UDV does not support functions/variables.

The User Parameters Pre-Processor does.