Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Dale LaBossiere <dl...@apache.org> on 2017/12/11 19:51:42 UTC

FYI: I'm adding "don't deploy" to edgent-test* projects

Chris,

FYI, following your changes to edgent-distribution/pom.xml I’m adding “skip deploy” to the edgent-test* projects (for EDGENT-440).

Next I’ll see if I can identify how to (hopefully globally) omit all “test” configuration generated artifacts (hint welcome if you already know how)

— Dale

Re: FYI: I'm adding "don't deploy" to edgent-test* projects

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
> On Dec 11, 2017, at 3:15 PM, Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:
> One thing I have lernt in the last 8 years of using machen, it was: "If it's dificult with maven you're doing it wrong.

I don’t fully buy into that but I understand what you’re saying :-)

Looking into the test-jar deploy issue, I see the maven-deploy-plugin lacks the necessary configurability to achieve omitting the test-jar artifacts. As noted in [1], the solution is to not create test-jars. However, edgent-parent/pom.xml includes config to generate test-jars as they’re needed by the (retrolambda hackery? :-) for j7 test-class generation.

Don’t know if there's some other (sensible/maven) way to achieve generating j7 test-classes w/o j8 test-jars.  But I’m willing to surrender on that if creating a script to achieve the effect isn’t a problem - just sad that it will be a separate manual step :-)  I ask that we work to create that script pretty soon so we have a “working” release process for the next release.

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8246136/maven-deploy-not-to-upload-test-jar <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8246136/maven-deploy-not-to-upload-test-jar>

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
I think we shouldn't omit any of the other artifacts.
I have tried to configure things that way, but there wasn't an easy way.

One thing I have lernt in the last 8 years of using machen, it was: "If it's dificult with maven you're doing it wrong.

I would stongly suggest to leave the test-jars in the deployment. Eventually I could whip Up a little helper to delete the test-jars from the staging repo.

Chris

Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen